A torque wrench is an easy to use precision device that is used to measure the force, load or tension applied on threaded fasteners during assembly. This tool assists the user to able to loosen or tighten bolts, screws and nuts easily without under tightening or over tightening them. A torque wrench is important in our lives today because it is the ideal fastening tool for safety measures and also for the longevity of fasteners. Below is a review of the best torque wrenches available in the market today.
TEKTON 24335 1/2 INCH DRIVE CLICK TORQUE WRENCH.
The Tekton industry is well known for producing a wide range of quality products which include torque wrenches, measurement equipments and also torque calibration equipments. The Tekton 24335 1/2 inch drive click torque wrench is one of their finest products and it comes with a variety of features which include;
- An easy to read dual scale that has a high contrast feature which enables you to read easily in low light.
- A strong and long lasting steel construction with a corrosion resistant finish.
- A tangible and auditory feature that clicks when you get the appropriate torque value.
- A reversible drive ratchet head that is made of chrome vanadium steel.
- A non-slip knurled handle that gives you that extra grip.
- Has a feature that enables you to feel and hear when you get the exact torque value.
- Has a non-slip knurled handle that allows you to hold it firmly when working.
- Has an all steel construction that ensures its durability since its surface is corrosion resistant.
- Consists of an easy to read dual range scale which enables you to read in low light.
- It is high quality and inexpensive compared to other wrenches.
- Even though it is the best torque wrench available, before using this device you will be required to read the full manual cover to cover and understand it well.
- Dropping this wrench on the floor carelessly will badly damage it despite its all steel construction.
CDI 2401C13 DRIVE COMPUTORQ 3 ELECTRONIC TORQUE WRENCH.
This is also one of the best torque wrenches available in the market today due to its high quality and enhanced technological features which include:
- Contains quick release buttons for easy switching.
- A rubber grip that is ergonomically designed and also non-slip.
- It has a 15 degrees flex ratcheting head.
- Features a LED Display for giving immediate torque values in any of the four torque units available.
- Enables you to torque range anywhere between two and twenty foot pounds.
- It is well constructed using strong, firm and light material.
- The device is very accurate and easy to use.
- Has a quick release mechanism that enables you to set up the sockets quickly and easily.
- Has a LED screen which displays the torque values while you are working so that you know how much force is being applied on your fastener.
- Has the ability to take readings for later reference.
- Has a rubber grip that is ergonomically designed to ensure ease when handling and manipulating it.
- Even though it is among the best torque wrenches available, the CDI 2401C13 drive torque wrench is quite expensive.
- Sometimes the device might indicate that it has reached the right setting way before it does.
PRECISION INSTRUMENTS C3FR250F 1/2 INCH DRIVE SPLIT BEAM CLICK TYPE TORQUE WRENCH.
This tool is arguably among the best torque wrenches available because it is cheap and made of high quality. It also has improved features that enable it to perform its function well. These features include:
- Has setting locks that can be used when adjusting to a required torque.
- Comes with maximum speed and efficiency plus innovative torque mechanism which only need a little push for it to work.
- Doesn’t require readjustment after use since it can readjust itself.
- Has an adjustment knob which has the ability to do away with spring tension thus making adjustments simple.
- It is quite long for any additional work during wrenching and increased reach.
- The device is firm, light to use and carry around and also very strong.
- The wrench is easy to read thanks to its well encrypted measurements on the scale.
- This tool has offers a high level of accuracy and only gives precise numbers.
- No strain required when adjusting this wrench since it has elaborate springs and dials.
- Has an ergonomic design and adjusted length on the torque wrench and handle for easy handing and you also get to get in touch with those hard to reach places.
- This wrench is affordable.
- The wrench only works in a clockwise direction therefore cannot be used to torque on left hand thread fasteners.
CDI TORQUE 2503MFRPH DRIVE ADJUSTABLE MICROMETER TORQUE WRENCH.
This CDI torque wrench is undeniably the best torque wrench available amongst the brands available in the market today because of its enhanced features, ease of use among other pros mentioned below. Its features include:
- Has two directional standardized dual scales.
- It has a single scale that is laser marked.
- Its torque ranges from thirty to two hundred and fifty foot pounds.
- It has appositive lock with a pull down lock ring that is spring loaded.
- The wrench has quick release buttons that enable you to have a fast set up and socket retention.
- Easily readable due to its clear and distinct markings.
- It is very accurate.
- Has a high quality and is inexpensive.
- Easy to set up because of its ergonomic design.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- The device has buttons that have a quick to release feature which enables quick retention and release of sockets.
- Its plastic handle is quite uncomfortable and also slippery.
- The wrench requires special maintenance for it to last long.
- It might be a little difficult to read in low light.
THE AIRCAT 1150 KILLER TORQUE WRENCH.
It is among the best torque wrenches because it delivers a motor that is 15% more compared to its competition. Its features include:
- A well fixed exhaust system.
- Made with original quite technology.
- Has a larger rotor and cylinder compared to other wrenches by 15%.
- Has an ergonomic handle design.
- Has an aluminum finish.
- Consists of a variable speed capacity.
- Has an easy flip lever that can operate forward and reverse.
- The Aircat 1150 is the most powerful impact wrench because of its 15% large cylinder and rotor.
- The device has the ability to keep remains away from the users face using the original handle exhaust.
- Produces low operational sound.
- It is fast, reliable and has a rugged hard hitting twin harmer mechanism for enhancing speed.
- Its ergonomic handle design makes handling and manipulating the device easy and comfortable.
- It is highly reliable since it was designed for general use.
- It is lightweight thus making it portable.
- This wrench doesn’t get a good grip of the socket thus may be easily pulled off the socket when in use.
- There are high chances of crushing your finger when using this device to hold back the other side of the bolt.
Anyone looking to purchase a torque wrench should go through the reviews we have provided above and select the best torque wrench available in the market today. If you have had the chance to perform mechanical repairs then you realize how important this tool is.